Tuesday, November 3, 2009

T's baby shower cake and cupcakes

It was really exciting (and nerve-wrecking) working on the cake for T's baby shower. I wanted something pretty that would tie in with the 'high tea' we were throwing for T, and thought it was a good opportunity to practice sugar paste modelling. I opted for a 5inch mud cake for the top tier, with two kinds of mini cupcakes - cookies & cream and chocolate madness. Again, it took me an entire day to bake the cake and about a million cupcakes.. then Lidia and I spent an afternoon modelling the bears and making the baby-themed cupcake toppers. As it's a GIRL, we decorated in tones of pink and white.

There were a couple of near disasters... I nearly ripped my hair out when I broke the pram for a second time and especially when I accidently squashed my mama bear's head when packing for transport! But, managed to fix it all..

Of course T loved her cake, and so it was worth the stress!


1 comment:

  1. so you're coming to KL to bake for mine right??? RIGHT??? RIGHT???? :D

    ReplyDelete